Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

OH HALLOWEEN WEEKEND


Halloween is a pretty cool holiday. Lets be honest, for one whole day you get to be dressed up as someone your not (or someone you secretly are haha)
Jordan was gone for a basketball game in Denver Friday and most of Saturday night. I really missed him! On Friday I got to hang out with my fam a little. My dad, summer, her two friends, and I went to eat at the new restaurant in Riverwoods. I cannot remember the name.. something like Marleys maybe??? It was the Harley burger joint. It was pretty good. After going to dinner we all stopped at Boarders to check and see if they had a movie I needed to watch for school. (and they did!!! dont you love when that happens??)


So we went back home and watched Mr. Hollands Opus! If any of you haven't seen it, you need to change that ASAP! It is a great great great family film!
I decided to be a big girl and come back to my little apartment to sleep all alone :( To be honest I thought I was going to sleep pretty good. I thought it was going to be nice to have a king sized bed all to myself! To be able to fall asleep to a movie instead of staring at the darkness while listening to Jordan snore. I was excited to sleep in as late as I wanted, and not lay half awake in bed in the morning debating on weather to be a nice wife and make Jordan breakfast (but really fall asleep while I am making a list of the pros and cons to that idea ha)... yes, I was going to have a great night sleep!!! And boy did I need it!! BUT guess what!!!!
I SLEPT HORRIBLE!! I couldn't fall asleep, and when I did I woke up every 2-3 hours reaching over to see if my husband was there. I watched about 5 episodes of Jon and Kate plus 8 on Hulu throughout the night (yes.. I had to keep turning it on because I was scared sleeping alone) and I woke up around 9 am and couldn't go back to sleep.

This is how I felt the whole next day...

Saturday I ended up cleaning for 2 hours (to get ready for a little housewarming/halloween get together with some of our friends the next day). I went grocery shopping and watched all the kids get ready for Halloween. Jordan was suppose to be home by 8 pm, but his flight took longer than expected and he walked through the door around 930 that night. I was so excited to see him. We decided to go over to my parents house for a little bit, and wanted to dress up. Here are our outfits:





Yup, we were nerds haha

Jordan and I really are a little nerdy. But it was so much fun to dress up for 10 minutes haha. When we went over to my parents we decided to go "trick or treating" at the door. Tyson answered and he honestly did not recognize us. All he said was "you can take two..." referring to the bucket of candy he was holding. I started rummaging through the candy (playing along) and then lunged at Tyson and scared the crap out of him!!! It was SOOOOOO funny!!!

The next day we had a few friends over for some soup, caramel apples, and games. We had a blast!! It was so much fun finally showing a few of our friends our nice basement apartment! I made taco soup, and everyone made their own carmel apples. We had a lot of fun. We also got to watch the giants game! (woot woot!!) Our friends decided to make a "remix of a little excited" video I posted earlier. (The one where Jordan is super excited the giants won... and I secretly filmed him haha) I will have to put the new video up once I upload it. SUPER FUNNY!!
We then played 2 games of Catch Phrase! (girls vs. boys.) and I must say the girls DOMINATED!! haha. Technically we tied with 1-1. But the girls won by a lot more points than the boys did!! I have not laughed that hard in a long time!! Let me explain to you how amazing us girls are at this game. Here is a real example of what happened:

The time was running out!! It started beeping faster and faster. Stephanie Snow was up and had to explain the phrase "drop the chalupa" (What the Freak!! Hardest phrase ever???? Not for AMBER) here is the conversations
Stephanie: ok.. it is something you would order at Taco bell!
Amber: NACHO CHEESE CHALUPA!!
Stephanie: Only the last word, then add to the beginning "if it were to fall from your hand to the ground."
Amber: Drop the Chalupa?!?!
Stephanie: YES!!!!!!!
Girls win!!!!!!! hahahaha

BEST GAME EVER INVENTED!!!! Hope you had a great weekend!! If you aren't doing anything this Wed, come and support the UVU bball team as the have a scrimmage at 7pm! Pre Season starts Nov 12!! GO WOLVERINES!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha i love reading your posts! Whenever I think of Jon and Kate plus 8 I think of.. Amber. You ALWAYS watched that. I miss you! Hope you doing well, tell Jordo hey from me and Jer!

    ReplyDelete