Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Engagement Story



Okay, so I have been asked by a few people to post the engagement story of Jord and I. So here it goes..

Only after a few weeks of hanging out with Jordan he told me he already bought me a plane ticket to go out to Cali with him to meet his family while they were on a family vacation. I was so stinking excited, but a little nervous at the same time. We had never talked about marriage or even said I love you by that time (even though I already knew he was the one haha). Anyway, A month went by and I was counting down the days till we left for San Diego California! He had gone and talked to my pops and had gotten my moms and dads blessing :) for us to get engaged and then married. He got my ring made, and totally threw me off by telling me he didn't have it and didn't know what kind of ring to get. The day before we left he took me ring shopping, so I knew I was not going to be proposed to in Cali. (sad day ha)
Jord and I were going to be in Cali for 8 days with his family. The first few were so much fun!! We went surfing, swimming, played on the beach, and even went to Sea World!! Jord had been taking me for walks on the beach every night, and I had no idea it was part of his plan!
About half way through the trip we went on another nightly walk. This one was a little different than the rest. Jord was a little quiet, and we walked almost a mile down the sandy beach (which had not happened before). We stopped and watched the waves for a little, and he asked if I was ready to go back. I said yes and started to turn around to walk back. He then quickly stopped me and told me to wait for a sec before we go.
He told me how much he loved me, and proceeded to get on his knee. The world around me stopped! I could not believe what was happening!! People all around us were cheering, but I couldn't hear or see anything besides Jordan. He told me how he wanted to take care of me for the rest of his life, and how he would continue to love me more and more everyday! (Yes, by this time i was bawling!) I said YES!!!
We then went back and told his family the good news. (The only person he had told was his older brother Jared) They were so happy and supportive, we were so grateful for their blessing. I love my in-laws, I got so lucky to be able to join such an incredible family.
It was the beginning of my new life :) and we could not be happier. We have been happily married for just over 2 months, and I cannot wait to spend the rest of eternity with my hero. I LOVE YOU JORDAN!





1 comment:

  1. SOOOO dang cute! You guys are adorable together! I am way happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete