Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

my love/hate relationship with...

I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to finishing a book. I love when I feel the accomplishment of finishing it, of getting "lost" in a good book, and learning something new. But I also hate when I finish a good book (or even worse, a great series.) I hate when suddenly the story STOPS. I just want the book to keep going and going, maybe because I usually feel like I am apart of the book. Anyway, I just finished the book "The Help", and am looking for another great book to read. I want to get at least 2-3 more books in before schools starts. Can anyone help me? What are some of your favorite books you've read?








3 comments:

  1. Have you read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini? I just finished it like 10 minutes ago and it took me about 45 pages to really get into it but once I hit that point I just couldn’t put it down.. I am obsessed with books.. I am emailing you with more thoughts of mine on books..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am reading "The Room". It is soooo good. And based (I think) on a true story. It is very interesting. The first 50 pages were like huh? Then it develops and it is so good. Almost finished and I really like it. You obviously have read the Hunger Games series. I also love the book "A Girl Named Zippy". Super funny. and Cute. There's a second book too. I haven't read it yet but I bet it is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger Games is SOOO good, I am in the middle of the last one and I have read all of them in the past 3 weeks, addictive. If I could just sit and read I would have done them faster. I also heard that there is a series called Maze Runner by James Dashner that is just like the hunger games but a guy version, I might be hitting those up after Hunger Games. There is also another series I have been reading that you might like. It is called Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. There are currently 5 books in the series and book 6 comes out next year. They are WAY good...

    ReplyDelete