Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Monday, October 28, 2013

Catching Up

So I am going to try and get back into blogging.  Most of you probably follow me on instagram @amberswarbrick9 and know what I have been up to lately.  My beautiful family moved to San Francisco shortly after our son Milo was born.  My husband, Jordan, is here going to Dental School at UOP for the next 3 years.  I hope to track our adventures in San Fran as well as my favorite moments being a mom!  Check back to see what this crazy city has in store for us :)


Mr Milo is now 4 months old.  I have had to take him to the doctors by myself both times he has gotten his shots because Jordan is always in school.  For all you mommy's out there that have had to hold your child down while a nurse shoots him up with those nasty needles, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!  Poor little guy... I swear he likes his dad more on those days I have to take him to get those darn shots.  Luckily he is the happiest kid, and can give me this cute face just minutes AFTER being poked.


My beautiful mother is a frequent visitor in San Fran (even though I wish she would just move in with me...)  Here we are at Stow Lake (in Golden Gate Park) taking Mr. Milo on a little walk.  I can't wait till he is old enough to feed the ducks!!  It is a childhood memory I cherish, and I can't wait to make those memories with him!


Look at that handsome Smile!!


Mr. Milo with his cousin Finnely.  She is only 3 months older than he is -- and I have a feeling they will be best buds growing up!


The other day Jordan came home from school and was able to hangout with us before Milo went to bed.  He held his leg out like this for 64 seconds.  Jordan and I were dying!!  "When in doubt, leg out!"


Mr. Milo's first swim at my parents house back in Utah



For Jordan's week long break from school we were lucky enough to send a few days in Capitola with his family.  Jordan is an avid surfer and is insistent I become one too. 

I hope this blog will serve as a little journal of our time here in San Francisco.  Some things you can look forward to reading about include our adventures, friends, family, as well as the ups and downs of figuring out this whole "mommy" thing.  I hope to also post progress I make with getting back in shape after delivering a 9 lb 9 oz baby that was 22.4 inches long.  I'll be testing out recipes and workouts that I hope will benefit not only me, but some of my readers.

xoxo Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment