Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Jordan, Amber, and Mr. Milo

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Guatemala Day 2-3

Day 2 we (the x-ray techs) worked much faster than day 1.  We were able to get over 1 and 1/2 times as many patients / x rays done in the same amount of time as Friday.  

Here I am with one of the future missionaries :)  

Going over a unique case, he actually had 2 wisdom teeth instead of 1 in his upper left side 

Smiling once I knew a pic was being taken 

Jords and Dr. Rogers again 

Dr Hale and I doing some x rays 

 This gun weighs 15 lbs.  And after 10 hours it gets really tough

Jordan and Dr. Rogers helping a special patient.  Dr. Hale (pictured above) made a flipper (retainer with tooth on it) for her because she was missing her front tooth which Dr. Rogers and Jordan did a few fillings and pulled a tooth on her. 

Another special patient.  We are only suppose to work on pre missionaries, but this little boy almost lost his 4 front teeth :(  Luckily we were able to save them with fillings and only had to pull 1 bottom tooth.

 Before the flipper

 After the flipper.  Her life was forever changed today

 Driving almost 2 hours to attend a church.  Narrow roads??  Totally.

This was the family Jordan and I were assigned to.  Twin boys, a 14 year old who was the "man of the house" and a beautiful mother.

 So excited to each get some goodies.  We passed out blanets, aprons, toys, B.O.M. school supplies, and much more to an amazing ward.  We even took each family pic and had it printed and framed while we were there. 

 Jords translating to the kids.

The family. I went to the bathroom after they said goodbye and cried my eyes out.  They were so grateful to get such small things.  

 Fireside with 1300 people.  This entire room was PACKED.  We were even given little radios with headphones to listen to the translation of all the speakers.  SO amazing!

 Banquet night.


 Delish food!!

Ugliest pic of me ha.  I was tired, hungry, and the last thing I wanted was a pic taken of me.  
Day 2-3 have been wonderful!!  Tomorrow I will be waking up at 5am to get ready for another day in the "clinic."  

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome opportunity! I'm jealous that you two get to help these people! It will forever change their lives, and yours as well. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I love service and opportunities like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cool! amber this is amazing. I totally want to do this sometime.

    ReplyDelete